There are some changes to the safety measures and protocols on Twin River's campuses for the 2021-22 school year. Social distancing is not enforced, but we are recommending students and adults be mindful of our personal space bubbles and continue to wash their hands thoroughly. If your child(ren) are feeling sick or showing signs of symptoms, please contact the front office and keep them home.
Updates on the district's COVID-19 protocals can be found here TRUSD Coronavirus Updates
Fairbanks and the District no longer require the use of face coverings ("masks") in accordance with state and local guidelines. Masks are strongly recommended.
In an effort to maintain safety of students, staff, and community, the school will limit the amount of visitors and volunteers on campus.
No parents will be allowed beyond the school gates unless a Volunteer Application was filled out and processed by the school district and you have received your volunteer badge.
Following the first day, parents will be asked to submit proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test within 72 hours of visiting school campus only for special circumstances (i.e. IEP meetings, SST meetings,etc.).
We appreciate your understanding in our efforts to maintain safety and keep all our students in class by limiting visitors to our sites.
ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL
- No parents are allowed beyond the school gates.
- Gates will be monitored by Fairbanks staff members to help students locate their class and find their family at dismissal.
- Campus opens at 7:15 for breakfast. At 7:45 the gate will be closed and locked.
- Late students must check in at the front office before going to class.
- For students in Kindergarten and 1st Grade please use the Gate B.
SIGNS OF SYMPTOMS DURING SCHOOL
If a student develops or shows signs of COVID related symptoms, they will be moved to a designated area for isolation and parents will be contacted for immediate pick up. A trained staff member or nurse will monitor student and/or provide care (as needed.)
COVID Related symptoms:
- Fever (100.4 degrees F) or chills
- Congestion or runny nose
- Muscle or body aches
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Nausea or vomiting
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat